8U KID PITCH RULES - NWASP
1. Pitching Distance is 42 feet
2. No run limit per inning. Run Rules are 20 runs anytime after 1 complete inning, 15 after 3 and 8 after 4 innings.
3. 6 Innings, 1:30 minute games.
4. 9 fielders (only 3 outfielders). You can bat 9 hitters, 10 hitters or consecutive line up.
5. Runners shall not lead-off but may advance at their own risk (steal) once a pitched ball has passed home plate. When a runner tries to advance prior to the pitched ball passing home plate, the following shall apply: If the runner advances safely, the Umpire shall call “Time” and the runner shall return to the base last legally occupied at the time of the pitch. If the runner is called out, the call shall stand and the runner is out. If the ball is hit, the defensive team shall have the option of the result of the play or a no pitch.
6. Runners shall not advance from third (3rd) base to home unless the runner is batted home or forced by a base on balls, hit batsman, or award from the Umpire. Runners shall not advance from third (3rd) base to home on passed balls, wild pitches or dropped / missed third (3rd) strikes by the catcher. A runner can not advance to Home on a throwing error from the Catcher down to the base.
7. Dropped 3rd Strike Rule is NOT in effect. A batter shall be automatically out on a dropped / missed third (3rd) strike by the catcher.
8. The infield fly rule is NOT in effect.
9. No slash bunting (showing bunt to draw IF in, and pulling back and swinging)
10. Balk rules shall not apply.
11. Runners shall not advance when the pitcher is on the pitching rubber with the ball in his possession and the catcher is in position to receive a pitch. On a base on balls, the batter may attempt to steal second prior to the pitcher and catcher coming set at his own risk, but if a runner is on third, he may not advance home even if the defense attempts to throw the runner out at second base.
12. USSSA National Pitch Limits ARE in effect, please make sure you know these rules or ask the TD. Don't be eliminated for over-pitching a kid.
NW Arkansas Sports Productions, LLC © 2012